Privacy and Cookies Policy
Introduction Our customers are very important to us; every month we help thousands of businesses find their perfect workspace.
Our role and engagement with you as a workspace specialist goes so much more than a traditional broker. Not only do we advise on office suitability at the outset of your search, once we have found you a suitable workspace and you have moved in, we will:
- ensure that the workspace meets your requirements;
- update you on market intel to ensure you are getting the best value for money;
- assist if you scale up, or scale down, your workspace requirements during the term;
- check in prior to your renewal/end date to confirm your plans to extend, vacate or otherwise relocate
And it goes without saying that all the above services are completely free.
For those customers who want a more bespoke workspace solution, we can tailor the right package for you. Just get in touch using the “contact us” page on our website. We’re happy to chat anytime about flexible office solutions.
Finally, we strive to provide excellent customer service at all times. We go that extra mile for our customers. If you are not satisfied with our service at any time, please reach out to your account manager directly. Alternatively, you can find our complaints policy.
Welcome to our privacy and cookies policy for online brokerage services provided through our websites www.nomadlounges.com. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in the delivery of our flexible office brokerage services (“Services”). We have developed this policy because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information in connection with our Services and also to outline some of your rights.
- inform you as to how we look after your personal data collected from your use of our website whether by (i) submission of your enquiry for office space, (ii) signing up to our newsletter or market data, (iii) subscribing to our Service, (iv) taking part in a competition or (v) that you otherwise provide to us during our communications will be processed by us.
- tell you about your privacy rights and
- explain how the law protects you.
It is important that you read this policy together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This policy supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you are concerned that your child may have provided information through our website please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomad Lounges Limited of 3rd Floor, Misha Towers, Westlands Road, Nairobi KE (“Nomad”, “we”, “us”, and “our”) is the data controller and responsible for your personal data. We are a company registered in KENYA.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this policy. If you have any questions about this policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
- Full name of legal entity: Nomad Lounges Limited
- Email address: email@example.com
- Postal address: Misha Towers, 3rd Floor, Westlands Road Nairobi, Kenya
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Communications Authority of Kenya, Kenya’s supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ca.go.ke). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the CAK so please contact us in the first instance.
Our websites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the policy of every website you visit.
2. DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
In order to provide our Services to you we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
|Identity data||includes first name, , last name, email, phone number, username or similar identifier,|
|Contact Data||Office address, email address and telephone numbers|
|Financial Data||Credit rating using third party, bank account details and payment card details.|
|Transaction Data||Information that you provide (including about yourself, your employees/staff or partners) by submitting an enquiry. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our introductions and matching services, posting material, requesting further services from your Instant contact, or otherwise collected during viewings, appointments or telephone calls. Details of transactions you carry out through our website and the fulfilment of your orders, including the arrangements and deals entered with third party office service operators and providers with whom we match your requests.|
|Technical, Profile and Usage Data||Please see section 8 below|
|Communication Data||includes your preferences in receiving communication from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.|
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this policy. Please see section 8 for further information.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
From you. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Transaction, Profile, and Communication Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- submit an enquiry for office space
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- subscribe to our market data reports;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- make a complaint;
- report a problem with the website; or
- give us some feedback or otherwise contact us.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please refer to section 8 below for further detail.
From third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
|Technical Data||Please see Section 8 below|
|Transaction Data||Serviced office operators and partners based inside and outside the KENYA|
|Financial Data||Credit rating agencies|
|Identify Data and Contact Data||
- Communicate with you, such as by responding to your queries or requests and providing you with further information regarding offers, opportunities, renewals or reminders.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to marketing, communications and sending third party communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by using the unsubscribe feature on communications to change your contact preferences.
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out in the table below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. If you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity
|Performance of a contract with you|
|To process your enquiry and refer flexible workspace solutions to you. We will continue to help you with your workspace search unless and until you tell us otherwise||(a) Identity
|To organise office viewings with you by phone and/or email and submit reminders of those viewings to you by SMS||(a) Identity
|To providing ongoing support during your occupation of the flexible workspace including, by phone or email:
|To manage our relationship with you which will include, by email:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our Legitimate Interests (to keep our records updated and to improve products/services we offer)
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||(a) Identity
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our Legitimate Interests (to improve products/services we offer, to develop them and grow our business)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity
|(a) Necessary for our Legitimate Interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity
|Necessary for our Legitimate Interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical
|Necessary for our Legitimate Interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you by email about services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at email@example.com.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the lawful basis set out in the table above, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in section 4 above.
Internal Third Parties:
- Employees, workers and contractors
- Affiliate companies
External Third Parties
- Serviced office operators
- Real estate agents
- Third party brokers
- Service providers – such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services
- Professional advisers
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this policy.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Nomad Lounges company for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by using the unsubscribe feature on communications to update your contact preferences
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of [a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website, when visited by a user, asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preferences or login information as an example. Those cookies are set by us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies, these cookies are from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting, used to understanding usage, improving site features or personalised advertising as an example.
- Assisting you in navigation and ensuring your requirements go to the correct team globally
- Assisting you in finding and selecting offices, properties, products or services of interest
- Analysing your use of our products, services or applications
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts
We use the following types of cookies on our websites:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These are essential in order to enable you to use the key features of the website. Without these cookies we will not be able to connect you to the offices, properties, products or services you are looking for. These cookies cannot be switched off.
- Functional Cookies – These allow us to remember choices you have made, such as previous searches to provide you a more enhanced, efficient and personal service. The information these cookies collect relates to our website only.
- Targeting Cookies – These third-party cookies are set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. They work by uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience targeted advertising across the websites.
- Third Party A/B testing Cookies – Some of our pages use a third-party software provider, Optimizely, to test variations in functionality and content. This helps us constantly improve our website and deliver the best service and product to our visitors. This technology help us to continually improve the service and experience we provide you.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our websites. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors use our product for future improvements. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site, also reducing the information available to improve our website in the future.
We have set out below a detailed list of the cookies we use on our websites. Our websites are checked regularly to ensure this list is as accurate as possible. We classify cookies in the following categories:
You can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by clicking/selecting “cookie preferences” on the site. If you have any queries or require more information on this please email firstname.lastname@example.org
References in this section to Nomad Lounges Offices are for the website www.nomadlounges.com
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
|Nomad Lounges||__cfduid||This third-party cookie is strictly necessary for our security features and to speed up page load times. It does not contain any user identification information. For more details please read at https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170156-What-does-the-Cloudflare-cfduid-cookie-do-|
|nomadlounges.ShortlistCookie||Allows Nomad Lounges to assist you finding the right office by receiving the details of the offices you have selected.|
|cf_ob_info||Used by CloudFlare content delivery network to display a notice in case the website is temporarily inaccessible.|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||This is a cookie that our technology uses to store a unique identifier for your session. This cookie is triggered on a website visit.|
|_ReferParameter_||Passes information about the referrer of your enquiry to enable correct payment to our affiliates partners.|
|_SearchParameter_||Passes information to our CRM on your areas of interest to best meet your requirements.|
|cookieConsent||Indicates the visitor has confirmed they know about using cookies on our website.|
|nomadloungestoffices#lang||Used to define the language used on the website.|
|X-Mapping-fjhppofk||Used by our hosting environment to ensure we balance the visitor sessions across our servers to deliver the best website speed.|
|JSESSIONID||Third party session cookie used by New Relic to ensure our site is available and performing as expected. Further information can be found here: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/browser/new-relic-browser/page-load-timing-resources/new-relic-cookies-used-browser|
|Nomad Lounges||_ga||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website and WordPress blog. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.|
|_hjIncludedInSample||This cookie is associated with web analytics functionality and services from Hot Jar, a Malta based company. It uniquely identifies a visitor during a single browser session and indicates they are included in an audience sample.|
|mapState||Retains the information about currently viewed map position and zoom. Improving efficiency and ease of use for our visitors after page refreshing.|
|tp-anonymous-id||These Trustpilot cookies are used to display our reviews and ratings to users.|
|Nomadlounges.RecentSearches||Contains information about a recent search requests performed by the visitor to make it easier to find the same information again.|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Used on sites built with WordPress. Tests whether or not the browser has cookies enabled.|
|wordpress_logged_in_(property-id)||These are functional cookies that allows users to remain logged into the site.|
|Nomad Lounges||BizoID||Used for LinkedIn Ad analytics.|
|IDE||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.|
|MUID||Used for targeting and advertising. This cookie is widely used by Microsoft as a unique user identifier, allowing user tracking.|
|G_ENABLED_IDPS||Google Sign-In cookie|
|_uetsid||Microsoft Bing Ads Universal Event Tracking (UET) tracking cookie|
|fr||This cookie value contains Encrypted Facebook ID and Browser ID for advertisement|
|NID||Google cookie registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device for targeted ads.|
|io.narrative.guid.v2||cookie from narrative.io service. Read in detail at http://narrative.io/|
|k1||LiveRamp IdentityLink™ is an identity resolution service that links data back to real devices and makes it possible to onboard that data for real time marketing initiatives across digital channels.|
|anj||AppNexus is a digital advertising platform that enables real time selling and purchasing of digital adverts. These advertisements may be relevant to you as the user.|
THIRD PARTY A/B TESTING COOKIES
|Nomad Lounges||optimizelyDomainTest||These cookies are used by our testing tool, Optimizely to help improve user experience on our site.|
8. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone in order to avoid illegitimate intrusion into your privacy or your business transactions.
All the information you provide will be held in the strictest confidence and only used for the purposes described in this Policy. Due to the nature of the internet, the transmission of information online is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data in accordance with industry practice, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, or loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of the personal information that you provide to us.
9. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements(where by law or good industry practice we have to keep certain information (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com
No Fee Usually Required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
11. What We May Need From You
We will need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time Limit To Respond
Subject to the provision of the requisite information, we will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
12. CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future, for example in relation to updates to our processes and purposes, will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
13. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this policy (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England in respect of Services globally (save for Services in North America where the governing law shall be the law of the State of New York).
The parties agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction except where New York law is the governing law in which case the courts of New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
14. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or to access or correct your information, please contact us by:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- clicking on the unsubscribe link in any of our communications or reports; or
- by writing to the Manager, Nomad Lounges.
Thank you for visiting our website.
Last edited: May 2020